Friday, November 20, 2009

Classic Bobbisocks:) Peer Gynt Wool


I just started knitting this pair of socks this evening which in a nutshell is just your classic sock pattern. Old Norwegian cast-on which is nice and elastic which is what you want for socks that you'll be pulling on and off and over your heal. I'm not sure is you can tell by the photo, but I'm working an embossed moss stitch ribbing instead of the usual k1 p1. I'm knitting the socks on one long set of size 4 Addi Turbo circular needles in what nowadays is called the magic loop method although I've been knitting this way for as long as I can remember. The Peer Gynt is made in Norway, is 100-percent wool, and is wonderful to work with. It's a light worsted weight, so while the finished socks will be somewht heavy and very warm, they'd be far too heavy if I knitted the entire leg and instep in the embossed moss pattern - okay if I wanted the socks as slippers, but I don't and want to wear them with my Crocs, so I don't want the added bulk with this weight yarn.

EMBOSSED MOSS STITCH PATTERN
Work on a multiple of 6 stitches. In my case and for a woman's size medium, I cast on 48 stitches.
Round 1: *K1, p1, k2, p2, repeat from *.
Round 2: *K2, p1, k1, p2, repeat from *.

 I'll post a finished sock. Oh, and happy to be part of the knitting webring! :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment