Thursday, November 12, 2009

Top-to-Toe or Toe-to-Top

When our little post office started Rural Route delivery on my narrow unpaved road a couple of years ago, I was overjoyed! I took my husband's truck and made straight for the hardware store where I bought a large mailbox - which is just like the small gray metal rural route mailboxes with a red flag only the large Papa-Bear size. The idea was that the mailbox had to be big enough for my book deliveries from amazon.com :-)

Our mail delivery girl is a real whiz at getting several boxes in my mailbox, once getting 5 such boxes in the box, along with all the regular mail. I have a very long driveway - a lane, really - and it's a 7-minute walk down to the mailbox - or 5-minutes at a good clip. The day with the 5 boxes and the regular mail, I definitely wished I'd driven down. But alas, it was a gorgeous day and I walked as I usually do except on the days when the weather is at its most harsh. Anyway...

...in today's mail delivery was a book, an event that can turn the bleakest day into a celebration, and particularly today since the book I had anxiously waited to arrive was SIMPLE SOCKS Plain and Fancy by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts. Here's a picture-link.



This book is LOADED with technique and illustrations. I'm particularly excited because in this book the author teaches how to knit socks from the toe up, something I've never done before and looking forward to learning. I'm not so sure I'll prefer it to "top down", but I'll wait to make a judgement on that after I give the technique a whirl. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment